Paper Title:
Mechanical Behavior of UHPC(Ultra High Performance Concrete) According to Hybrid Use of Steel Fibers
  Abstract

This intends to examine the flexural behavioral characteristics of hybrid UHPC using a mix of steel fibers with different lengths. Three types of fibers are adopted with fixed diameter of 0.2 mm and lengths of 13, 16.3 and 19.5 mm (aspect ratio of 65, 82 and 98, respectively). Comparative analysis of the flexural strength, load bearing capacity, deflection and toughness is performed adopting a mix use of these 3 types of steel fibers with ratio of 2% and 1.5%. The results show that the hybrid use of steel fibers improves significantly the flexural strength and flexural toughness compared to the use of a single type of fiber. When steel fibers with lengths of 16.3 mm and 19.5mm are admixed at a rate of 1% each, UHPC develops a flexural strength larger by 27% (maximum 50%) than conventional UHPC admixed with 2% of steel fiber with length of 13 mm. Moreover, flexural strength similar to that of conventional UHPC is secured when steel fibers with lengths of 16.3 mm and 19.5mm are admixed at respective rates of 0.5% and 1% (total rate of 1.5%).

  Info
Periodical
Advanced Materials Research (Volumes 287-290)
Chapter
New Functional Materials
Edited by
Jinglong Bu, Pengcheng Wang, Liqun Ai, Xiaoming Sang, Yungang Li
Pages
453-457
DOI
10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.287-290.453
Citation
G. S. Ryu, S. T. Kang, J. J. Park, K. T. Koh, S. W. Kim, "Mechanical Behavior of UHPC(Ultra High Performance Concrete) According to Hybrid Use of Steel Fibers", Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 287-290, pp. 453-457, 2011
Online since
July 2011
Export
Price
$32.00
Share

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

Authors: Qian Feng, Shao Ming Dong, Yu Sheng Ding, Qing Zhou, Akira Kohyama
Abstract:Chopped fiber and a hybrid reinforcement of chopped and continuous fibers were used for fabricating SiC/SiC composites. Under the selected...
1257
Authors: Foisal Ahmed Mirza, Sheikh Md. Rasel, Myung Soo Kim, Ali Md. Afsar, Byung Sun Kim, Jung I. Song
Abstract:Composites with polypropylene (PP) and lyocell fibers were manufactured by compression molding technique. In order to improve the interfacial...
1159
Authors: Qing Yu Cao, Wei Sun, Li Ping Guo
Chapter 3: Efficient Energy-Saving Building Sanitary Equipment and Systems
Abstract:In this paper, concrete incorporated organic fibers, i.e., polyvinyl alcohol fiber (PVA fiber), polypropylene fiber (PP fiber), cellulose...
811
Authors: Sung Yong Choi, Young Hwan Park, Woo Tai Jung
Chapter 4: High-Performance Materials and Smart Materials and Structures
Abstract:This study investigates the relationship between the amount of fiber reinforcement and flexural tensile capacity by evaluating the degree of...
319
Authors: Heng Mao Niu, Yong Ming Xing, Yan Ru Zhao
Chapter 1: Advanced Materials and New Materials
Abstract:Engineered cementitious composites(ECC) are characterized by strain hardening and tight crack width control. Good fiber distribution can...
46