Paper Title:
Apatite Formation Behavior on Tricalcium Phosphate (TCP) Porous Body in a Simulated Body Fluid
  Abstract

Apatite formation behavior of tricalcium phosphate (TCP) ceramics with different phases and porosity was investigated in a simulated body fluid (SBF, Kokubo solution). The pure α-TCP with 80% porosity did not form hydroxyapatite (HAp) on its surface after soaking in SBF for 7 days. On the other hand, the pure α-TCP with 20% porosity formed HAp on its surface after soaking in SBF within 7 days, and the biphasic TCP, which consisted of mixture of α-TCP and β-TCP and had 20% porosity, formed HAp within 1 day. The low porosity and coexistence of α-TCP and β-TCP phases in TCP ceramics were effective for apatite formation in SBF.

  Info
Periodical
Key Engineering Materials (Volumes 309-311)
Main Theme
Edited by
Takashi Nakamura, Kimihiro Yamashita and Masashi Neo
Pages
251-254
DOI
10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.309-311.251
Citation
T. Uchino, C. Ohtsuki, M. Kamitakahara, M. Tanihara, T. Miyazaki, "Apatite Formation Behavior on Tricalcium Phosphate (TCP) Porous Body in a Simulated Body Fluid", Key Engineering Materials, Vols. 309-311, pp. 251-254, 2006
Online since
May 2006
Export
Price
$32.00
Share

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

Authors: Paula A.A.P. Marques, M.C.F. Magalhães, Rui N. Correia, A.I. Martin, Antonio J. Salinas, Maria Vallet-Regí
143
Authors: Yin Zhang, Yoshiyuki Yokogawa, Tetsuya Kameyama
Abstract:Biphasic calcium phosphate (BCP) ceramics, a mixture of hydroxyapatite (HAp) and betatricalcium phosphate (β-TCP), of varying HAp/β-TCP...
1688
Authors: Y. Zhang, Yoshiyuki Yokogawa, Tetsuya Kameyama
Abstract:Biphasic calcium phosphate (BCP) ceramics, a mixture of hydroxyapatite (HAp) and beta-tricalcium phosphate (β-TCP), of varying HAp/β-TCP...
91
Authors: Xue Zhang, Zhi Meng Xiu, Xiao Wu Li
Abstract:(HAp/SiO2)/Ti biocomposites were prepared by the powder metallurgy method. The phase compositions and the in vitro bioactivity of such...
88
Authors: Ying Chun Wang, Shi Xiong Zhang, Mei Chun Wang
Chapter 1: Materials and Mechanical Engineering
Abstract:In recent years there has been increasing interest concerning the synthesis of hollow materials in nanometer to micrometer dimensions. Hollow...
72