Paper Title:
Preparation of Calcium-Phosphate Microspheres by Salt-Assisted Ultrasonic Spray-Pyrolysis Technique and their Drug Release Behavior Using Anti-Angiogenic Agent, TNP-470
  Abstract

Synthetic clcium phosphate based materials, such as hydroxyapatite (Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2; HAp) and tricalcium phosphate (Ca3(PO4)2; TCP), are compounds with high potential for clinical applications to orthopedic and dental region. In previous study, we have reported that the hollow and porous apatite microsphere could be prepared by salt-assisted ultrasonic spray-pyrolysis (SAUSP) technique using sodium chloride (NaCl). In this case, these microspheres have some problems of (i) decrease of dissolubility of microspheres and (ii) cytotoxicity arising from chloride ions elution. To overcome these disadvantages, we prepared novel microspheres by SAUSP technique using potassium nitrate (KNO3) instead of NaCl. The resulting microsphere was washed with pure water to remove the KNO3 phase. The particle shapes of the powders were observed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM); the diameters of the microspheres were of 0.5 - 3.0 m, and the fine pores with the sizes of ~50 nm were present on the surface of the microspheres. The TNP-470 agent as a model of drug were loaded on these microspheres with nano-pores in the surface. In the KNO3 concentration of 1.00 mol·dm-3, 70 % of the total TNP-470 from the microspheres was rapidly released within 1 h. The remaining 30 % was slowly released up to 24 h following immersion, and total amount of TNP-470 released from the microspheres was 42 g·mg-1.

  Info
Periodical
Key Engineering Materials (Volumes 493-494)
Main Theme
Edited by
Eyup Sabri Kayali, Gultekin Goller and Ipek Akin
Pages
672-677
DOI
10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.493-494.672
Citation
M. Matsueda, M. Emoto, M. Aizawa, "Preparation of Calcium-Phosphate Microspheres by Salt-Assisted Ultrasonic Spray-Pyrolysis Technique and their Drug Release Behavior Using Anti-Angiogenic Agent, TNP-470", Key Engineering Materials, Vols. 493-494, pp. 672-677, 2012
Online since
October 2011
Export
Price
$32.00
Share

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

In order to see related information, you need to Login.

Authors: Fukue Nagata, Tatsuya Miyajima, Yoshiyuki Yokogawa
167
Authors: Xiao Su Cheng, Ling Ke Zeng, Xiu Yan Li, Wen Yan Sheng, An Ze Shui, Ze Hao Liu, Ying Yuan Zhang, Yue Wang, Yong Zhao Wang
Abstract:In this paper, microspheres were prepared by using Chinese bauxite as raw materials through centrifugal spray drying method. The...
1124
Authors: Mamoru Aizawa, Toshiki Ohno, N. Kanomata, K. Yano, M. Emoto
1215
Authors: Shihori Yamane, Takeshi Yabutsuka, Mitsuhiro Hibino, Takeshi Yao
Abstract:Apatite nuclei were precipitated in the pores of silicagel microspheres by raising pH of simulated body fluid (SBF). By a soak in SBF,...
519
Authors: Ying Chun Wang, Shi Xiong Zhang, Mei Chun Wang
Chapter 1: Materials and Mechanical Engineering
Abstract:In recent years there has been increasing interest concerning the synthesis of hollow materials in nanometer to micrometer dimensions. Hollow...
72