Advanced Materials Research
This edition contains selected papers presented at the International Conference on Sustainable Materials Science and Engineering, which was held in Paris from 15 to 17 July 2015. This conference is organized by academics and researchers belonging to different scientific areas of the C3i/Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre (Portugal) and the University of Extremadura (Spain) with the technical support of ScienceKnow Conferences.
The event has the objective of creating an international forum for academics, researchers and scientists from worldwide to discuss worldwide results and proposals regarding to the soundest issues related to modern materials and processing technologies.
• New joining technologies
• Coatings: advanced materials and innovative technologies
• Modelling and simulation of welding and allied processes
• Specific problems in advanced materials joining
• Quality of welded joints and welded structures.
The 114 papers are grouped as follows:
Chapter 1: Grinding
Chapter 2: Abrasive Jet Machining
Chapter 3: Advanced Cutting Technology
Chapter 4: Processing of Brittle Materials
Chapter 5: Chemical Mechanical Polishing, Processing of Semiconductor Wafer
Chapter 6: Electrical Discharge Machining, Ultrasonic and Beam Machining
Chapter 7: Finishing, Lapping and Polishing
Chapter 8: Surface and Subsurface Integrity and Materials Characterization
Chapter 9: In-Process Measurement and Monitoring, Metrology
Chapter 10: Machine Tools and Systems, Tooling Processing
1. Requirements for more efficient aircraft (use of advanced lightweight materials, reduction of life cycle costs and particularly operating costs),
2. Requirements to reduce the influence of aircraft on environmental, including the decreasing of gas pollution and noise.
Papers from the Industrial Technology and Engineering Symposium are presented in this book tittled Current Materials for Industrial Technologies and Engineering Practice. The book offers the latest discussions and findings in the areas of functional polymeric materials and applications, textile science and functional materials, engineering composites and hybrid materials. It involves the development and improvement of equipments and tests, materials, analysis and synthesis, as well as mathematical modelling. It also includes physical analysis together with the principles and methods of industrial and engineering design to specify, predict and evaluate the results obtained for the embitterment of the technologies and materials corresponding to the need of the society.
The 26 papers are grouped as follows:
Section A – Biomaterials and Biomedical Technologies
Section B – Materials and Technologies in Production of Solar Cell and Optoelectronics
Section C – Multifunctional Materials for Infrastructure and in the Environmental Engineering
The following areas are the focus of the NanoThailand 2014 in many fields of nanotechnology for enabling better living including:
- Semiconductors and Nano Systems in Electronics
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies in Biomedical Application
- Theory and Simulation of Nanosystems
- Nanotechnology for Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Nano-approach for Green Technology
- Nanotechnology for Manufacturing and Industry
The 161 papers are grouped as follows:
Chapter 1: Geomicrobiology, Biogeochemical Cycles, Genetics and Molecular Biology
Chapter 2: Microbe-Mineral Interactions
Chapter 3: Technologies of Bioleaching in Hydrometallurgy
Chapter 4: Bioflotation, Biobeneficiation, Biosorption and Bioaccumulation
Chapter 5: Bioremediation and Bio Recovery of Metals from Wastes, Impact of Mining Technologies on the Environment